Happy Friday! We are so blessed to be alive. Just sayin’…
1) Last weekend my dad came to visit me! I met him on the Amalfi Coast (Southern/Mid part of Italy) and we spent the weekend soaking up the sun and beautiful scenery. We also took a day trip to Capri (which I get to go back to in a couple weeks)! Capri was absolutely the most beautiful place I’ve been. Ireland was awesome, but this was a different kind of beautiful. My dad the photographer is the bomba-check these bad boys out:
The view of Positano, where we stayed. The dome of the Church is the little Cathedral, Santa Maria D’Assunta.
This was also in Positano, on a little hidden beach at sun-down.
I thought this was a really fun door. But this always happens-I’ll go hiking with my dad so I wear comfy clothes and he likes to take lots of pictures. First World problems…
A beach in Capri- the water was SO clear!
The view from our terrace at dusk.
Just off the coast of Salerno.
2) Here’s my outfit pic of the day. Another friend, Emily Brom, took these ones. I’m so Blessed to have amazing photographers in the house, I have no idea what I’m going to do this summer!
Top: Unionbay (kids), Necklace: Charlotte Russe, Capris: Old Navy, Sandals: Candies
3) Monday is the feast of St. Catherine of Siena! ♫Celebrate good times, come on!♫ Her head is in Siena, but the rest of her body is here in Rome. Guess where I will be on Monday?
4) I have just finally gotten on board with Twitter. I was trying to hold out because a) I didn’t understand the point and b) I didn’t want to get addicted like I am to facebook. But I really like seeing what articles people share. Here is one I came across yesterday: “It’s Time for Better Women’s Magazines” I really like the idea of choosing a variety of body types for models. I learned by watching the “Killing Me Softly IV” documentary that the stereotypical model body type is a body type, but that only represents less than 2% of the female population. I think that’s a problem.
Do you know of any solid magazines for women? I love these ones:
Verily Magazine, Eliza Magazine, Radiant, Bow & Arrow
5) I came across a lot of really awesome Christian yet bangin’ beats songs yesterday. Check these out!
6) Speaking of music. I love to sing. And sometimes I get prideful and like to show off. And sometimes I get selfish and shy and don’t want to share. But I think I made a break through this week. I was asked to Cantor at Mass the other day, and it went really well. It was difficult because I don’t know how to read music, and it was Gregorian Chant. But I had awesome and patient teachers, and I was so glad to be able to give my gift back to the Lord. Holla!
7) I have some ridiculously exciting fashion-related news that I will be revealing soon. Stay tuned! 🙂
**If you are visiting from Conversion Diary, welcome, and stop by often!**