Here are a couple simple ways I like to tie my scarves. I’ve never done a tutorial so let me know what you think!
1. Hold the scarf at both ends with no folds or twists.
2. Grab only a few fringes from each end (if your scarf doesn’t have any fringes, just take the corners) and tie the two ends together. This prevents a huge bulky knot on the back of your neck from happening.
3. Place the scarf around your neck like a necklace.
4. Loop the scarf around your neck a second time so that a figure 8 forms.
5. Readjust, pulling different ends, nestling one loop inside the other until you are satisfied with the results.
You can also loop it around a third time for a thicker, shorter look.
The Irish Knot
1. Fold the scarf in half the lengthwise direction and put it around your neck so that there is a loop on one side and two free ends on the other.
2. Pull the two free ends through the loop, keeping them separated.
3. Pull one of the free ends out of the loop.
4. Reinsert the free end you just removed back into the loop, but this time from the bottom of the loop, as opposed to the top.
5. Pull the free ends until you get the desired tightness.
The No Name
1. Twist the scarf.
2. Drape the two free ends over your shoulders so that they hang down in the back.
3. Bring both free ends of the scarf around to the front.
3. Tie the free ends together in front of you, under the initial draped scarf.
And you have the No Name.