I am linking up today for the first time with “7 Quick Takes Friday.” My stylist mentioned she publishes her blog posts Fridays and Mondays so as to keep it up and stay consistent. Hopefully my Friday and Sunday vow will keep happening!
1) Every semester a professor from our home school comes with the students to Rome to live with us and teach one course. Our professor and his new wife and two daughters arrive today! We are all so excited to have this couple, but perhaps moreso to have CHILDREN because there is such a shortage of them here in Roma. And if that wasn’t enough, the new Mrs. Rota is also expecting in April! So we will soon have a BABY in the house!
2)Confession: I have had Burger King two times while I have been here. (Don’t tell my brother!) One time was an accident (I walked around for an hour and half looking for a place to eat and then I gave in) and the second time was planned because the first time was so good. What is also really odd, is that those two meals were the most expensive meals I have bought. My parents taught me frugality well.
3)On Wednesdays we have our community night and the dress is semi-formal. Since I didn’t bring any semi-formal clothing, I have opted to business cas, which always seems to lean toward cas because I didn’t bring any dressy shoes. Dumb.
4) Every week for Community Night we have esteemed guests over to the house for a great meal and this week we had four sisters from the Little Sisters of the Lamb. They are so joyful, so humble, and it was amazing how diverse they were. One was from Poland, one from France, one from Italy and one from Austria. It was also very unsettling for us all that the sisters beg door to door for their food for every meal, and yet for dinner we had our plates full with opportunities for seconds.
5) Yesterday we saw a ton (and by a ton I mean hundreds) of big guys walking around in green jerseys and scarves, with a beer in each hand. Can you guess who we saw? If you guessed die-hard German futbol fans, you guessed correctly. They filled the entire Spanish Steps and the whole Piazza di Spagna below. It was quite a sight.
6) This week I learned I like cherry tomatoes, but not gnocchi in pesto sauce.
7) Today we went to Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica to celebrate the Feast of the Chair of St. Peter. Holla! Now we’re all going out to a pub to eat meat because it’s a Solemnity in Roma!